What does “Green” mean. It is an innocuous statement but is open to many interpretations. ‘The Green Consumer’ defines it as one that:
- is not dangerous to the health of people or animals;
- does not cause damage to the environment during manufacture, use, or disposal;
- does not consume a disproportionate amount of energy and other resources during manufacture, use, or disposal;
- does not cause unnecessary waste, due either to excesive packaging or to a short useful life;
- does not involve the unnecessary use of or cruelty to animals; and
- does not use materials derived from threatened species or environments.