LFT Group Brands Ltd. (“LFT”) develops and markets the Live for Tomorrow brand of environmentally friendly cleaning products.
For urban, middle to upper-class individuals wanting to protect the environment, Live for Tomorrow is a young, bold brand of eco-friendly household cleaners that uses a unique combination of scent, ingredients, and reusable packaging that conveys an image of sophisticated sustainability.
Our range of products, and our commitment to people, planet and profit – donating 1% of sales – help consumers clean with a purpose. LFT is a mission-driven organization that is passionate about protecting the environment, through sustainable goods and changing consumer behaviour, and positively impacting communities.
For information about Live for Tomorrow, see http://live-for-tomorrow.com
LFT is seeking an enthusiastic, articulate, and highly motivated university graduate to fill the role of Business Development and Marketing Coordinator (the “Coordinator”). The Coordinator will be a proactive, team-oriented, go-getter with a passion for people, the environment and an entrepreneurial spirit. S/he will be responsible for implementation of marketing and communication initiatives and driving sales through account development and customer service to help grow the business. As a team player the ideal candidate is prepared to roll up their sleeves and work on any aspect of the business. This role consists of travel and some work on weekends.
Position Type: Temporary, FULL TIME, 8 months contract. Potential for extension.
Location: LFT premises in Port Moody, BC and remote working
Reports to: President
Start date: September 2, 2014
Closing date: July 31, 2014 at 5pm
Deliverables & Duties
- Update and maintain LFT Group and Live for Tomorrow websites;
- Develop and implement work plan to achieve marketing goals;
- Develop and implement communications strategy;
- Develop, implement and manage student internship program to support public outreach/marketing initiatives and product development;
- Assist in the development of a strategy to expand markets in Canada, the US and further abroad;
- Cold calls and follow up on sales leads;
- Maintain assigned customer accounts providing exemplary customer service;
- In-store demonstrations and representation at trade and consumer shows;
- Monitor sales and market trends;
- Support product development with market research;
- Identify opportunities for sales process efficiencies;
- Support customer order fulfillment and delivery; and
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as required.
Skills & Experience
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a recent university graduate who has specialized in marketing and communications. The successful candidate will partner with the President and will initially work collaboratively on an eight month *IRAP Youth Employment Program*. Specific requirements include:
- Recent university graduate with a bachelor degree, specializing in marketing and communications;
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, sales and/or customer service;
- Experience in website maintenance and social media is beneficial;
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with coworkers, customers, distributors, consumers and prospects;
- Must have especially strong written, oral, and listening skills;
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks to achieve goals in a timely manner;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated passion for the environment;
- Must hold a valid passport and BC drivers license; and
- Must meet the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy Program criteria of:
o Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
o A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas);
o Legally entitled to work according to BC legislation and regulations;
o Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits; and
o Have not participated in a Career Focus Internship of the Youth Employment Program previously.
We thank candidates for their applications. Only those short-listed will be contacted.
Please email your resumes to mail [at] lft-group.com