Energy Savings At-A-Glance
- HE washers use less water than traditional washers — in fact, they only use from 20% to 66% of the water used by traditional agitator washers.
- Energy use can be as little as 20 to 50 percent of the energy used by traditional agitator washers because there’s much less water to heat.
- These savings translate directly to long-term cost savings for consumers — as well as significant long-term environmental benefits.
HE Detergents – The Only Choice for your HE Washer
Detergents formulated for HE washers work with energy-saving technology to provide the best possible cleaning in
only 20% to 66% the amount of water used in traditional washers.
Use HE detergents to:
- Get the maximum cleaning performance that HE detergents and washers can deliver.
- Achieve energy and water savings.
- Keep your HE washer in top working condition.
HE Laundry Detergents
- Most HE washers have detergent dispensers.
- Follow the washer manufacturer’s use and care guide for proper use of the detergent dispenser.
- If there is no dispenser, follow the washer’s use and care guide.
- Follow the detergent manufacturer’s instructions to determine the correct amount of detergent to use.
- Do not mix powder and liquid detergents in the same dispenser compartment at the same time. Mixing powders and liquids together may cause “caking” or clogging in the dispenser.
Rinse-added Fabric Softeners
- Add fabric softener to the fabric softener dispenser so it gets dispensed at the right time. Follow the washer manufacturer’s use and care guide for proper use of the dispenser.
- Follow the instructions on the fabric softener package to determine the correct amount to use.
- Do not use other softener dispensing agents in your HE washer, unless your washing machine’s use and care guide recommends them.